We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at St James's.
If you have any concerns you can email our Parish Safeguarding Officers (Anne Fleming & Linda Laffar)
or our Churchwardens (Simon Emdin & Elaine Lambie) on email@example.com.
Help with child and adult safeguarding issues is available from the following services :-
- Merton Council
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or
young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling
to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm.
Diocesan Safeguarding Team contact numbers
|Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser|
|Kate Singleton: ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|020 7939 9423 Mobile 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)|
|Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers|
|Marie Daly: ||email@example.com|
|020 7939 9441 Mobile 07946 255295|
|Louise Vernon: ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|020 7939 9462 Mobile 07946 255622|
The current edition of ‘A Safe Church’ can be found at
Our Safeguarding policies are explained at the following pages of this website